I cannot log in to my member account?
Use the enquiry page or email [email protected]
Can FSA assist with staff spirituality days?
Contact Alison Stone, Animator of Mission and Identity for all your school needs. e: [email protected] | p: 0427909302
What can I do if I have an idea for staff formation but need help?
FSA can lead the formation event for your school for a negotiated cost.
FSA will collaborate by providing resources that speak powerfully to many of the issues that challenge our world, community and Church today.
Produce resources for members through multiple channels – print, electronic and social media.
Advise and connect schools with Franciscan religious, theologians, distinguished researchers and educators in Australia and globally if necessary.
Alison, as the Animator can assist.
Contact her: [email protected]
Does it cost member schools if FSA leads formation?
We are educators and religious so we know PD budgets are limited.
1. Day Engagement: *$950.00 + Travel = (pre & post program collaboration, day facilitation 8am – 3pm | input & workshops negotiated) * fee for one facilitator
2. Day Engagement: **$1450 + travel ** 2 facilitators including a Franciscan Friar or religious [Religious are honoured with the CRA recommended stipend approx $500 day] | Franciscan Friars & Sisters
accompaniment are highly sought after and try to be available
3. Half Day / Twilight Facilitation: **$650.00 + Travel – 1 or 2 FSA facilitators (up to 3.5 hours) **fee for one facilitator | Religious require the CRA recommended
4. Workshop for Adults / Staff: $30.00 per person + Travel (minimum $450 ) for up to 1 hour
What about student formation and justice days?
FSA has plans to deliver unique peace and justice days, short conferences and forums for students at member schools. Future student programs will explore global issues that affect all young people. They will be founded in the Gospel, embrace Franciscan Christology, the sacramental vision of creation, notions of universal fraternity and open up networks with like-minded students who care for all of creation from our member schools in Australia.
I am not a teacher. Can I become involved?
FSA is an association for professionals and educators – past and present, religious communities and those interested in our Franciscan charism and education. Contact our National Executive Coordinator: Fr Stephen Bliss OFM with your enquiry. [email protected]
What is the FSA fee?
1. Individual $100-
2. Small Community -$250.00 (3-100 students / Religious Community)
3. Community – $350.00 (101 – 500 students)
4. Large Community – $550.00 (501+ students)
What are the benefits of membership?
1. Shared commitment to the values and benefits of living the Franciscan tradition in a school community;
2. unique formation and professional learning opportunities;
3. free or discounted professional development;
4. exclusive access to resources and research;
5. discounted biannual conferences and events;
7. networking with our Franciscan religious partners, national and international advocacy;
8. access to unique student programs;
9. support for ministry teams;
10. exposure to innovative 21st century teaching and learning praxis;
11. opportunities for promotion of school community.
How long does membership last?
Our membership cycle runs on a calendar year. All fees are due 1 March and once paid you will be registered with FSA until 28 February of the following year.
A reminder will automatically be emailed to members at the beginning of each year.
What payment types are accepted?
Pay by credit / debit card or PayPal during the registration process. Click on a membership level to complete your purchase.
Are there discounts for membership?
Members joining after the beginning of term 4 of the school year receive a 50% discount.
How can I become more involved in FSA?
Send an email to [email protected] if you would like to host a FSA cluster meeting at your school, share a resource or experience, or nominate for a position on the State Teams or National Executive Team.